How to Create a Pinterest Board?
In a previous post, as part of the social media marketing efforts, I showed you How to Create a Pinterest Business Account? Now that you have a business account with Pinterest, it is time for you to learn How to Create a Pinterest Board?
This article is part of the How to Learn Digital Marketing Online topic. It covers all the digital marketing subjects you should learn and practice. It is ideal for anyone who is new to digital marketing, experienced with digital marketing and wishes to learn more, and even the adept business owner.
What is a Pinterest Board?
The idea of Pinterest is to have an online space like a bulletin board. Many bulletin boards in fact. And for users to pin as many images and videos to these boards as possible.
And the idea is to pin images and videos that are topics of interest of the users. Hence, the combination of the word, Pin, and the word, Interest into Pinterest.
As you can see from the above image, my travel Pinterest account – Asia Travel Gems, has many boards related to travel. For example, Honeymoon Destinations, Bangkok Food, Things to Do in Indonesia, Malaysia Travel, and many more.
Inside each of these boards are images and videos from travel articles that I found on the World Wide Web. Many are also from my travel blog – Asia Travel Gems.
I pin images and videos of interesting travel articles as well as my own travel blog posts. These pins will appear on Pinterest users news feed. And when they find it interesting, they will click on the pin.
And when they see the pin, and are interest to find out more, they can click on a link provided. The link will take them to the blog post or article.
You can see how this can bring traffic from Pinterest to your website. When I post my travel articles from Asia Travel Gems, and people click to see the pin and then to my travel blog, I gain traffic. And with traffic, I can convert visitors to customers.
Create Your First Pinterest Board
Ready to create your first Pinterest Board? Well done. Let us begin by going to your Pinterest Dashboard, and click on the Board option that is on the main menu.
As you can see, there is a Create Board option. Click on that.
A window pops up, and it is the Create Board popup.
Enter the details as follows:
- Name – Choose a name for the topic of your board. For example, if your board is about Pet Accessories, then name it as that.
- Visibility – If you are not ready, you can keep the board secret. Otherwise, it is good to make your board public .
After you fill in the above details, click on the Create button.
You will be brought to a screen where you can edit your newly created board. Click on the pen icon to edit your board.
The Edit window for your board will popup. It looks like the image below.
Fill in the details for your new Pinterest Board.
- Name – This is the name of your board. If you filled this in earlier, the name you gave will appear here. But if you have not given a name before, you can write the name for this board. Remember – it should reflect the topic of this board. Be relevant.
- Description – Write a long description of what your board is about. This helps with search, and people can find your board based on what is written here.
- Category – Try to find the right category for the topic of your board. If there is no category that fits, consider the closest one. If you are unable to decide on a topic, then choose Other. Being in the right category helps with search too, and being found by Pinterest users.
- Cover – This is default. Usually the last few images or videos that you pin are the cover. But if there is a particular image or video you feel best represents this board, then you can choose that to be the cover for this board.
- Visibility – mentioned in point 3, you can choose to keep this board secret. Otherwise, it is good to make your board public .
- Personalization – Keep this as default. Do not change this.
- Collaborators – This is the Awesome part. It helps to grow your followers and viewers. Add people who can help you increase pins on your board.
When they add a pin, their followers can see it too. And they will follow you. All these add to views. And with more views and followers, you can get more traffic to your websites
- Click Save
There! You have just created your first Board. Congratulations! Now your board is ready for you to add pins. To know how to do that, please go read my article on How to Add An Image or Video to Your Pinterest Board.
Can’t Wait for the Next Blog Post?
We have come to the end of this article – How to Create a Pinterest Board? Can’t wait for the next blog post? Would you like to learn all digital marketing strategies Now? Here is a link to the platform where I learned digital marketing, and stay updated on the latest trends.
When you sign up, add a comment below to let me know. Your bonus is that you get me as your mentor. Who am I? I have over 20 years of digital marketing experience, and I can help you succeed as a digital marketer or in your online business. If you would like to know more about me, go to this page About Me.
If you have ANY questions or comments about How to Create a Pinterest Board? , ANY at all, please submit them as comments below. I will be happy to help out.
May everything you do succeed & prosper!
Timotheus has been doing digital marketing for over 20 years. Today, he is a consultant as well as lecturer at a prestigious university (one of the top 1% in the world). In addition, he owns and runs a few online businesses. Be mentored by him and own a successful online business, Click Here.