Timotheus Update: This post was originally published on 26 August 2019 on this website – Passive Online Revenue. Due to rebranding and consolidation of the two sites, the post is now on this website – https://timotheuslee.com/digital-marketing/how-to-create-a-pinterest-business-account/
Previously, we discussed about 10 Useful Social Media Marketing Tips for Your Business that is part of the Learn How to Do Digital Marketing series. And in that article, I mentioned about the importance of choosing which social platform to focus on. Especially if your team is small or there is only you doing all the work.
Pinterest is the chosen social media vehicle for my online businesses. Today, I will show you How to Create a Pinterest Business Account?
I focus more on this platform, and it is showing great results. In just a few months, I have increased my followers and unique viewers from a few to thousands. This has resulted in increased traffic to my websites.
As you know, large volume of traffic is important. It is how we can generate sales and income from our websites. Visitors are opportunities to convert into them into customers.
As such, with a Pinterest marketing strategy that brings great results, many people have asked me to provide training on how I did it. So, here it is.
But this is just the first of a series of Pinterest training. The ultimate secret of how I get thousands of followers and viewers on Pinterest will be the last part of this series of training.
I designed the training to be so because in order to get there, to find out how I managed to be successful with Pinterest, you need to learn the basics first. In other words, to get there, you have to start from here.
So let’s begin, shall we?
Why Do You Need to Create a Pinterest Business Account?
I know right? Good question. I too asked the same when I started with Pinterest. Back then, as I researched about this, I realized there are many good reasons for a Pinterest Business Acccount. Here they are:
- It is FREE! You read this right. There are no additional charges to have a Pinterest Business Acccount. And as you discover more good reasons below, you will surely come to the same conclusion that I had. And that is to get a Pinterest Business Account.
- Access Pinterest Analytics. This will help you improve your Pinterest Marketing. With analytics, you will know what pins your audience likes, what are the trending posts, and when to post for maximum results.
- More control of your branding and content attribution. Branding is important as it will serve long term success for your business. And with a Pinterest Business Account, you can claim attribution for all your pins. As such, you gain increased brand exposure and brand awareness.
- You can claim your website, Etsy page, and other social accounts. This also improves branding. Claiming your online assets such as your website ensures your name and profile photo appears with every Pin.
- Advertise on Pinterest. Again, for increasing brand exposure and brand awareness, advertisements can be the vehicle to achieve that. Plus, promotions can drive more traffic to your website. Again, as mentioned above, this is opportunity to convert visitors to customers. As such, this can boost sales and revenue.
Awesome! Now How to Create My Pinterest Business Account?
After reading all the benefits, I bet you are ready to create your Pinterest Business Account. There are a few ways to do it. And here they are:
I Already Have a Pinterest Account. How Do I Add the Pinterest Business Account to This Existing One?
- Simply log in to your personal Pinterest Account
- Click on the more options – this is the three dots at the top right corner of your dashboard (see image below)
- Select Add a free business profile and click the option (see image below)
- Follow the prompts on the screen
a. Choose at least 1 topic (preferably this is a topic related to your business)
b. Are you going to advertise? If yes, then indicate your interest in advertising. Pinterest will recommend which of your content to promote. And also offer you guidance on how to create your first ad
- Select your business type
- Enter your business name
- Enter your business email
- Enter your business website
The following are options. You can choose to do it later.
- Claim your Instagram, Etsy, or Youtube accounts
- Download the Pinterest browser button
- Copy boards from your personal profile
If you choose to migrate the boards from your personal account, you will be taken directly to your new business profile from now on whenever you log in.
If you are not migrating the boards, then you will be asked to create your first pin.
I Do Not Want to Link The Business Account to My Personal Pinterest Account. How Do I Do That?
There is a choice whether you want to link your personal account to your business account. If you wish to link them, the steps are above. If you do not, and wish to create a totally new business account, then follow these steps:
- Log out of your personal account if you are still logged in
- Go to this link – pinterest.com/business/create/
- Complete all required fields:
a. Email address
c. Business name
d. Business type
- Then click Create account
Another method for this option
After you log out, and there is a window like the one on the left (or above if you are reading this on a mobile phone), look for the Create a business account option.
Click on it.
Follow the prompts, and complete the fields in Step 3 above.
Then click Create account.
Note – This option will require you to sign in to your personal and business accounts separately.
I Have a Personal Account. Can I Change It To a Business Account?
Sure! Just follow these steps.
- If you are not in your personal account, then log in to it
- Go to pinterest.com/business/convert/
- Complete all required fields:
a. Business name
b. Business website
c. Business type
- Then click Create account
I Have Created My Pinterest Business Account. What Next?
Once your account is created, you should update your account details. Again, click on the more options button. Just a gentle reminder, this is the three dots at the top right corner of your dashboard. Then select Edit Settings, and click on that option.
The 1st tab you will see is Edit Profile (see image below).
Remember to update the following:
- Change profile photo – This should be your logo or a photo that reflects the niche or industry of your business. E.g. if you are in the pet industry, you can add a photo of pets as your profile photo. Or if your niche is dogs, then a photo of a dog. Of course, ideally it is best to put your logo here. So that people can be aware of your brand and remember your brand. And whenever you post a pin or people share your pin, they can see your logo that goes with the pin.
- Display name – This is the name you would like people to see when they see your pin or visit your account.
- Username – Make this your brand name. E.g. you can see from the image above, I use asiatravelgems for Asia Travel Gems. This is so that when I share my Pinterest account, people can see my brand name.
- About your profile – good to write a detailed profile to tell people what your board is about.
- Location – This is optional – To me, this is only useful if you have a store location or office space where people can visit and buy stuff.
- Featured boards – When you have a good range of Boards, this option is good to do. You can feature the boards you believe either need a lot of visibility or are very popular. This is shown on the front page when people visit your account. In a way, it tells people what your account is all about and will encourage more people to follow you. Click on Edit if you are ready to feature some of your boards.
Take your time to explore the rest of the tabs. It is always best to fill as much of your profile as possible. But of course, bear in mind what you really want people to see about your brand.
Be selective. You can always add the details later when you feel the time is right.
Now that you have created your Pinterest Business Account, go read my posts about How to Create a Pinterest Board. And then How to Add an Image or Video to Your Pinterest Board.
Can’t Wait for the Next Blog Post?
We have come to the end of this article – How to Create a Pinterest Business Account? Can’t wait for the next blog post? Would you like to learn all digital marketing strategies Now? Here is a link to the platform where I learned digital marketing, and stay updated on the latest trends.
You can join the Free Starter Package with just your email. No credit card needed for this Free Starter Package.
There is some free training as well as really powerful tools and features to help you do digital marketing for your online business.
My #1 Recommendation
Get your Free Starter account Now!
Join the Wealthy Affiliate as a Starter member for Free! And get access to free training as well as many free features and tools (including powerful keyword tool). Plus, you get to create a website hosted on the Wealthy Affiliate server for free.
When you sign up, add a comment below to let me know. Your bonus is that you get me as your mentor. Who am I? I have over 20 years of digital marketing experience, and I can help you succeed as a digital marketer or in your online business. If you would like to know more about me, go to this page About Me.
If you have ANY questions or comments about How to Create a Pinterest Business Account?, ANY at all, please submit them as comments below. I will be happy to help out.
May everything you do succeed & prosper!